RIB COOK OFF SIGN UP 2023
SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2023
The 2023 Rib Cook-Off will be bigger and better then ever before! WE are featuring:
1st Place Prize $2000
2nd Place Prize $800
3rd Place Prize $400
People’s Choice $1200!!
We have a limited number of spaces available so please return your entry from as soon as possible.
Any questions please call Angela at 701-770-6046
Download the Rib Cook Off Sign Up Sheet below OR fill out the online form below!
Please fill out the application and mail it to PO box 785, Williston, ND 58801 or email to [email protected]
ENTRY FEE: FREE!!
**THIS YEAR WE ARE COOKING PORK RIBS ONLY!!**
**MUST BE ON THE BONE**
- The Rib Cook-Off will be out front of the beer gardens on the UMV fairgrounds.
- No outside beer, wine or liquor products will be allowed on the fairgrounds or the cook-off.
- Each team is allowed 4 official team members and as many assistants as necessary. Each team will receive 4 door prize tickets.
- You will be required to supply your own grill, smoker etc., utensils and serving supplies. Power is available if needed (LIMITED POWER AVAILABLE). If you have any special requirements, let us know ahead of time.
- The cooking and prep time is 7 hours. (9am to 4pm).
- Each team must provide 50lbs of ribs (ON THE BONE)
- Side dish is optional, but must be prepared on site if you choose to provide one.
- The UMVF board will provide each team with a container for judging and a blank copy of the judges score sheet. The judges are random and volunteer.
- You must provide plates and utensils to serve to the public. Public taste testing will be from 4 – 6:00pm.
- You are required to maintain cleanliness of your cooking space.
- Prior to cooking, the ribs must be maintained at 40° or less.
- After cooking, ribs must be at 145° or above.
- THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL
- Schedule as follows:
- 7:00am Begin setting up and decorating
- 9:00am Ccooks meeting, you must have at least on team member in attendance
- 9:00am You may begin prep/cooking
- 3:50-4pm Turn in your container for judging
- 4pm Free public tasting begins
- 6:00pm Free public tasting ends
- 6:00pm Winners will be announced/Awards will be given
- 6:00-7:00pm Removal of booths, grills smokers, etc.
**We ask that each team consider donating a door prize if possible. We will have Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament and Yard Games going all day!